Physics processor card or xbox 360 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2005, 07:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Agreed ^^^

Old 11-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #12 (permalink)
Master Techie

With graphics of consoles approaching what was available to PCs years ago, and then only if u have a multi-1000 dollar HDTV, and console online support similar to what PCs had in 1997, i can see how consoles are the logical choice *wink wink*

-AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Winchestor
-MSI K8N Neo4-F
-Sapphire Radeon X850 XT
-2x 1024 Corsair XMS Pro

<form action=\"\" method=\"get\">
<input type=\"text\" name=\"search\"><input type=\"submit\" name=\"submit\" value="Search!"></form> Search TF before you post!
Old 11-07-2005, 07:16 PM   #13 (permalink)
Super Techie

the PS3 has a much better CPU and graphics card than the 360.
I wouldn't say that. Some people say the xbox has a better processer due to it having 3 general purpose cores vs the PS3 only having one general purpse core. Some say PS3 has a more powerful cpu because it has 7 SPEs as they call it, although these are not as powerful as a full general purpose core. The only way to find out is waiting until they actually come out, and then compare performance of the same games on each one keeping in mind that the settings may be different. As for the GPU, it is still something that cannot yet be proved. Some say the 360 one is actually better, some claiming the PS3 has a better gpu. Most agree though that no matter what gpu is better, it will only be a minor difference. All in all you can't say one is much better than the other until they come out.

As for the main question, I would get the Phisx card over the xbox 360. Unless you have an HDTV, then it may be cool looking into. Or you either don't have a good gaming computer or cannot afford a good gaming people. PC gaming is better than console in almost every way possible, the one thing consoles have on PCs is cost. Unless you want the most of these new consoles, then you have to get an HDTV too......Monitors looks much better tvs.....My two cents.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 PM   #14 (permalink)
Send a message via AIM to Flanker

Pssh. Except that the Xbox360 has another version of a different PPU inside it, didn't know that did ya?

Go with the Xbox360. The whole system will cost you as much as a PhysX card, probably.

Even without a HDTV, you can still see physics taking place dude...

Or you could just hook it up to your monitor, I guess.

Closed Thread