Physics processor card or xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyotaka

In Runtime
Which do you guys think would be the better get? get a phys processor card as soon as they come out and wait for xbox 360's to be cheaper while i save money.

Or should I just get the 360 and screw the phys processor..

In theory how much advantage would the phys processor give in games?

The PhysX card will give you a HUGE advantage in games that are written to use it, ex: any game using Unreal Engine 3, ex: Unreal Tournament 2007. PhysX gets my vote. If you were to get a console BTW, the PS3 has a much better CPU and graphics card than the 360.

Yeah...go for the Physics card...if for no other reason than the mere cost of the xbox games, and lack of abilities over what you might and probably will do with your computer...:)

I was going to get an Xbox 360 for christmas, but decided on a new computer build. I will be getting a PhysX card as soon as they come out.

yea physx sound goood..

Will they be PCI or PCI-E? asking about pci E as they seemed to have a scaleable link

Mentioned in an earlier thread (I think), someone said PCI, PCI-E 1 and 4x...are planned. Hmm.

Yea, you guys are def right.> Probably best to wait for the prices of the xbox 360/it's games to go down.. The only game i'd prob want for it at launch is DOA4 as i'm an avid DOA ultimate 2 player.

if the physics cards work in pcie-1, then I'll be a happy dude. I don't have any pcie-4 slots... do they make those yet?

Ryan

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves...my advice would be to wait for at least a month after initial release before buying a PPU...basically because of lack of support at this point and time, and also the fact that there has been absolutely no testing of the card in real world applications...basically no point buying a card if it turns out to be a complete flop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom