Phenom X4 Agena 9600: Sandra XII Benchmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
Sandra XII benchmark of Phenom X4 9600 processor - Radeon HD 3800 3870 3850 8800GT ASUS P5E3 Deluxe WiFi @n GIGABYTE X38-DQ6 Reviews at my.ocworkbench.com

Pictures of AMD Phenom 9600 processor and CPU-Z screen shot. The name of the CPU is Phenom X4 with codename Agena. It is rated 65nm at a core voltage of 0.976v. The processor is labelled Phenom 9600 clocked at 2.3GHz. The CPU is installed on a NF560 chipset mainboard, that is the reason you see the HT is set to 1GHz. It has 512K L2 cache and 2M L3 cache.

So how does it fare when compared with Intel QX series of processors. Read on and you will find out with the preliminary result.

Multimedia
Using Sandra XII Processor Multi-media test, we can see that in processor Multi-media, the results of the 9600 is definitely no match for the high end QX6800 and QX6700. Phenom 9600 scores 87564iit/s in Int X4 test and 115225 fit/s in x4 iSSE2. Of course, when compared to the Core 2 Duo, this processor is definitely much better in multimedia cruching.

attachment.php

Arithemetic

In Processor Arithemetic, we can see that both the QX6700 and QX6800 leads the race. The Phenom X4 scored 35235/29630 in Drystone ALU and Whetstone iSSE3. This score is better than the Athlon X2 6400+ processor.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

yeah, so far I'm liking these benchmarks, yeah it's not faster than the $1000 QX series, but it's outpacing the 6400+ by a lot, as well as the E6700. I think AMD new Quad core set at the right price will be competing between intels dual cores and quads, like the 200-400 range, I want to see what AMD's K10 Dual cores perform at, or are they just going to produce triple cores?

The early Phenoms are the low end. If it works this well now, The high ends will be amazing.

That's very low voltage. I wonder how these will clock if you crank the vcore up? Wonder if they can do 4+ghz like Penryn?

it wasnt on an am2+ mobo either, once they are releqased i wana see some benchies. even now its at a good spot.

im picking up one of the 9700's ive so far got 300$ saved for my rebuild and next week im gettign a 400$ pay so i should be all good, then in a few weeks il get an 8800gt.

AMD will be releasing higher clocked X4s after the initial release. These will be higher ended than the first ones. I don't know how high Phenoms will go, and I am sure that there will be slower ones released to fill the lower markets.

The main thing to remember is that these are the first ones, and they are not going to be the fastest ones put out. That, and they are being compared top the top-end Intels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom