phenom on newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
why? unless you run SERIOUS memory bandwidth hoggin programs it will make no difference. gaming, lol no difference at all.
ie i can run with my 590 sli, versus a 790fx and it will measure up.

the only real differences (that i know of) is the chipset (obviously) and the ability to make use of the higher hypertransport (3600mhz for 95/9600vs 2000mhz for current x2's)
and it would be a significant performance loss if you were running applications that rely heavily on memory bandwidth. indeed.
not many of us here run said applications. as far as like, gaming...you're not going to see a difference i dont believe.

the only real differences (that i know of) is the chipset (obviously) and the ability to make use of the higher hypertransport (3600mhz for 95/9600vs 2000mhz for current x2's)
and it would be a significant performance loss if you were running applications that rely heavily on memory bandwidth. indeed.
not many of us here run said applications. as far as like, gaming...you're not going to see a difference i dont believe.

ya.. plus if u want SLi with a Phenom ur gonna have to go to a Nforce AM2 chipset because we haven't seen any am2+ Nforce boards... yet...

i dont think i will go am2+ at all if they dont come out with an SLI mobo. i already have (two at the moment lol) my 8800gt, and it will be powerful enough for a couple years proly...certainly it will be in SLI. lol that doesnt change the fact that i am an impulsive newegg shopper, heh. surely there will be one soon....
EDIT: sweetness...my asus 8800GT is currently selling for almost as much as i paid for it, heh.
i need to run SLI benchmarks tonite before i have to ship it tommorow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom