Phenom on Newegg

Status
Not open for further replies.
about time.........im actually having second thoughts on getting the 9600 instead of trying to get the 9700.

EDIT:

is it really true that the 9500, 9600, n 9700 r all bugged or only the 9700? I swore that theinqurier, even dailytech said that the 9700 was delayed because of the buffer bug thing.

yes the yare "BUGED" but it can only be done in the labs aparently, it doesnt affect the proccessor itself, amd chose t oanounce this, instead of hiding it, it happens to both intel and amd all; the time, itrs one of the major reasons for chip revision, in no way will this bug affect you tho as it can only be recreated by amd.

The cheapest phenom 9500 is $260 !! THats too expensive in my opinion

You can get Q6600 for $265, and it perfroms better. It performs even better than phenom 9700, not only 9500

Its a decent price if you already have a Am2 motherboard. I hope the prices come down a bit though.

AMD seems to have done its homework when the company set the price for its Phenom processors. The Phenom 9600 is about 13.5% slower than Intel's Q6600 in our benchmarks. On the other hand, its price is also 13.6% lower than that of its direct competitor. Thus, the two products offer practically the same performance for your money.

There you go...that sums it up

You can get Q6600 for $265 from newegg, so no Phenom 9600 is not cheaper

Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - OEM

Phenom performs 13.6% slower

So, this means that Q6600 have better performance per dollar than Phenom 9600

Q6600 consume less power than both phenom 9600 and phenom 9500 as well.
Here is the proof
AMD's Phenom processors - The Tech Report - Page 15

In other words, Q6600 have better performance per watt than Phenom as well

EDIT: I'm pretty sure that AMD fanboys will come here and insult me because I'm saying the truth.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom