Phenom II X4 Cpu Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
Everything is running fine now on my new build except the cooler. The one I ordered said phenom on it, and it didn't fit onto my mobo. The holes were too close together for the stand and you couldn't adjust them. So I'm going to send it back and order a new one.

Just want to make sure the new on will work though. I've got this mobo I think, the combo deal with the x4 940 deneb when I bought it. Newegg.ca - BIOSTAR TFORCE TA790GX 128M AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 790GX HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - AMD Motherboards

Thinking about getting this cooler, seen it mentioned in a lot of places and nothing but good reviews.
Newegg.ca - XIGMATEK Dark Knight-S1283V 120mm Long Life Bearing CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

Edit: Right now my cpu's idle at about 35-40c and goes up to 47c or so playing crysis on gamer. Wondering if thats normal or high or what?

Thanks
Ryan

Those temps are fine, but if you want to overclock or just like to have a cool cpu then the Core Contact is a good choice..

Ok ordered the 120mm version , and I did plan on Ocing the cpu but didn't want to without a better cooler.

Fair enough. I'm only on my stock hsf until my new one gets here, but it's definitely limiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom