personal Crysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nohbahdee

Solid State Member
i want to be able to play crysis @ very high settings smoothly.

my basic build is in my signature.

whats holding me back? is it my gfx card or is my entire system incapable? my 3dmark06 is 8486. i also want this at at least 10,000.

$400 is my max for upgrades cause im a tight fisted SOB:eek: . also, i prefer AMD.

recommendations, please.

bs your 3dmark is 8k... i had nearly the exact same setup!

I had a x2 4200+ windsor at 2.7 with the 320 MB and got ~10K?

your cpu is holding you back atm... get a 5000+

and also, you'd need a quad core or a fast dual core (~150) and a G92 GTS (~250) if you wan't to play very high... you'd still only get like what, ~30 fps?

what about the phenom's ? they're the first true quad's in the sense that they have four data pipes as opposed to intels 2 that run their quad cores.

Best advice is go with 2 8800GT's and upgrade CPU to AMD 3ghz w/ w/e cpu.

Crysis of all games ain't quad-core optmized, too bad.

what about the phenom's ? they're the first true quad's in the sense that they have four data pipes as opposed to intels 2 that run their quad cores.

The current phenoms deliver less game performance than the 5000+. that should change with the b3 stepping ones coming out later on. look at my rig, im right over 10k. I would be higher if my card was 512mb. And i can manage to get 33fps in crysis on high settings.

I would get a 512mb gt or 8800gts 512, since sli would be heavily bottlenecked with a 5000+. Or dual 9600gt's would be good too.

Read this forum:Crysis, Quad core optimized? - Xtreme CPU

Next time you play crysis, open the task manager and see how much cores are acually working.

and forgot about 9600GT's in SLI, they should be kick @$$ as well.

If you're really worried about bottleneck of 2 SLI cards with an AMD proccesor, stick with your 4200+ for now. Get your 2 cards SLI and see what your performance is, if you think you need a boost (It's already 2.7ghz cmon, 300mhz more) then get 3ghz+ amd cpu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom