performance pc in the making

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would like a better PSU, check my sig, I am selling a really nice one. Everything else looks good. I would get a seagate or western digital hard drive however.

Mok said:
Thanks for the reply, i checked it all out and replaced my motherboard, G card, Hard Drive (below). I will replace my memory with OCZ after looking into it, but i'm not sure if i should stick with 1GB and o/c it or spend double the money on a full 2GB? I Play FarCry, World of Warcraft, Dark and Light, and other FPS/RPG/Strategy games.

Motherboard: DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 Ultra-D SKT939 DDR400 PCI-E SLI ATX

Graphics Card: PNY GEFORCE 7800GT 256MB DDR3 PCI-E DUAL DVI/HDTV-out

Or

MSI Nvidia GeForce 7800GT 256mb PCI-Express Dual DVI + TV Out

??

Hard Drive: Maxtor 6L120M0 DiamondMax Plus 9 120GB 7200RPM SATA/150 8MB Cache - OEM

Memory: 1GB OCZ Premier Dual Channel Kit 2x512MB DDR400 PC3200 CL 2.5-3-3-7 (LIFETIME WARRANTY) (OCZ4001024PDC-K)

2GB OCZ Value Dual Channel Kit 2x1024MB DDR400 PC3200 CL 3-4-4-8 (LIFETIME WARRANTY) (OCZ4002048V3DC-K)

CL is better on 1GB, if CL means anything to start with -_-

Which Thermaltake is a good one? i want something thats well built, can help reduce noise overall as well of course.

CL means Cas Latency. My understanding of it is: lower is better.

Also most of the people here will tell you to get an EVGA video card. They do sell 7800GT models.

Thermaltake psus are known for puking out on people.

If money is no object, get PC Power & Cooling. Otherwise, Antec, Enermax, and Fortron are all good power supply companies.

Under Thermaltake i found... Thermaltake VA3000SWA Tsunami Silver Aluminium Mid-Tower Case With Side Window - No PSU
And... Thermaltake Soprano VB1000SNS Silver Mid-Tower Case - No PSU
The more expensive of the 2 is the more desirable i think, even though its a £30 increase ($55?) these cases good for the price? i couldn't find any full reviews on them so i have no idea if they r flawed in any way.

Still looking for eVGA cards online, all seem to be only available in U.S. :s

You reckon i can get away with a 450w PSU with this system? I dunno what i need :\

PSU: Antec PSU True Blue 480w Blue Led Fan
I think a 480 will go well with my system.

I might buy a EVGA Card abroad, since its a whole £50 cheaper, and i can't find any in stock or at all in many of the UK suppliers. I shouldn't find any problems with a connecting a over-seas Card right?

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=604422
Is where i found a UK spplier but the card is £260, out of stock (currently). £260 -> $500, a steep $200 over most U.S. prices! talk about getting ripped :p

EDIT: where is the best place to buy a EVGA 7800GT from? (U.S.)

ok, for $1600, this is what I would go with.

CPU: AMD X2 3800+ About $300
Video Card: eVGA 7800GT About $280
Memory: OCZ Performance 2GB PC3200 About $180
Motherboard: DFI SLI-D About $160
Case: Cooler Master Wave Master About $130
PSU: Antec True power 2.0 SLI 550 Watt About $100
Monitor: Logitech VX724 About $250
Hard Drive: Western Digital 200GB About $80
Optical Drive: NEC DVD Burner About $40
Heatsink: Zalman CNPS7700 About $50

That comes out to $1570. You can get a less expensive motherboard and memory if you want.

Mok said:
PSU: Antec PSU True Blue 480w Blue Led Fan
I think a 480 will go well with my system.

I might buy a EVGA Card abroad, since its a whole £50 cheaper, and i can't find any in stock or at all in many of the UK suppliers. I shouldn't find any problems with a connecting a over-seas Card right?

http://www.tekheads.co.uk/s/product?product=604422
Is where i found a UK spplier but the card is £260, out of stock (currently). £260 -> $500, a steep $200 over most U.S. prices! talk about getting ripped :p

EDIT: where is the best place to buy a EVGA 7800GT from? (U.S.)

www.newegg.com is a great site.
also www.zipzoomfly.com and www.mwave.com

I'm not sure if any of those ships to England. Good luck.

does the DFI LANPARTY UT nF4 SLI-D come with a on-board network card thats good/needs replacing? Would the Antec PSU True Blue 480w Blue Led Fan be able to support the motherboard? (i heard its thirsty).

I will buy my RAM and GCard at TigerDirect.com due to the prices, and the fact that newegg doesn't ship to england (neither does the other 2). Does the eVGA GeForce 7800 GT CO / 256MB GDDR3 / PCI Express / SLI / Dual DVI / HDTV / Video Card come with a DVI Cable? And can the price on OCZ Value Dual Channel 2048MB PC3200 DDR 400MHz Memory (2 x 1024MB) be beat? or better value over performance? (Over-Seas shipping)

The True Power 550w is a tad expensive i thought and i don't think i need the extra w's unless my motherboard needs it. The GCard needs 450w, prolly the most hungry piece of equip i've been looking at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom