For People who still have AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrZucchiniHead

Daemon Poster
Over the past 2 days ive seen alot of AGP questions posted here like "which agp card should i buy" well here ya go. On evga's front page today it says that there finally shipping the 6800GS in AGP. its not on newgg yet but on evga's website it says it cost 250$. if it costs that much i would save another 150$ to buy a new mobo and the 6800GS PCI-E, but i've heard that the AGP version will overclock even more than the PCI-E version.

Meh... I'd go w/ the new mobo... you can get a nice 939 or even 754 mobo for cheap these days... then nab a new cheap proc and a cheap or prett good pcie GFX card. Can range from bout ~200 to 500, but you'll be way better than being stuck on an old system.

I have a lot of time and money into my current machine that is only a year and a half old. To me I'd rather upgrade one piece of it than start from scratch. I spend 300 or 400 on a good AGP card; it's a lot cheaper than a whole new system. And I can still play the same games as you. Who's not thinking now? Soon your "not stuck on an old system" will have a part or two that is "out of date".

I have to agree with plumber here as i just bought a 6800gs agp and its coming soon. Dropping another 1k on new mobo, processor and video card would blow. The way i see it I'll just buy this new AGP card and ride out this comp till its a POS and worth completely building a new one. Besides with DX10 on the way I'd rather just wait for a video card supporting it.

This is some of the best news i ever got. I was dreading upgrading my computer to PCI express, and now that this card is out. Wow, ill be the first to order it so I can give my PC some life.

Thank the lord

IMO it's just better to get PCI and PCI-E with a mobo upgrade save yourself future troubles.

Ya but you dont save yourself future troubles, you never will with computers. By the time my agp system is completely garbage, I'll have that extra time on anyone that upgraded now for hardware to improve so I'll get newer technology with all components. It's really a personal choice but I see no need in ditching a decent motherboard and a 3.2ghz p4 just to get a newer motherboard and graphics card that will be outdated anyways. As soon as you get hardware you might as well consider it outdated, otherwise you're just gonna give yourself a headache.

there's always future troubles with a pc. at some point down the road. I guess there's two types of people. Ones who trade in there car every few years and ones that keep what they got until it quits. I'm driving a 1995 Saturn with 140,000 miles on it. How about you?

I also have a 380 wat antec power supply, and the evga site recommends 300 wat. I assume that im good (my evga 6600gt works fine when overclocked on my power supply right now).

Haha hsave some grief? Old and outdated? Look at my system! I have that DFI nF3 w/ now a 3800+ X2. Im in NO hurry to buy a PCI-E mobo yet. Im still gonna get a 7800GS instead though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom