Pentium Guy Wants to Build AMD Rig

Status
Not open for further replies.
he said giggles. i just watched "She's the Man" just now in theatres and i got giggles from it. a lot cheaper than putting together an amd system.

as for the movie, it was cute, amanda bynes was cute.. although i think 2 ppl walked out, and there were 6 ppl in there total (10:30pm showing on monday night i wouldn't presume many ppl would be watching a teen movie)

i highly doubt that there will be another single core FX at any rate as the FX is AMD's flagship which is supposed to be the top of the line cpu. why would the use "outdated" technology on a top-end cpu anymore. the next planned FX is the FX-62 due to be released at roughly the same time as AM2 and it will basically be an FX-60 ported to AM2 with DDR2 support

nitestick said:
why would AMD release an FX-59 after the release of the FX-60 :amazed:. basically it seems to me he wants another pc and has the cash so he figured why not learn something in the process. i still say build a similarly priced AMD system so that you can see the difference.

Your right on target. I have all the bills paid, and there's a tax refund comin'. A bigger tax return than I ever gotten back from uncle Sam. I want another computer for my shop in the basement, and let my wife have this P4 machine.

I originally wanted an AMD rig that would be comparable speed to the P4. I knew the processor speed would be lower, but thats all I knew.

But, when you say, "Build an AMD rig that costs the same money." That makes sense too.

Spend the same money and see the performance difference between the 2 different machines.

I've showed you what I have in the Pentium. Show me what to build for about $700--800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom