Pentium D / Socket 775 M Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHopsky

In Runtime
Im looking for a new Pentium D Dual Core / Socket 775 motherboard with more than more than 3 PCI slots and a PCIe x16 slot. My current motherboard is an Intel and only has 2 PCI slots - theyre crammed right next to my GPU, so upgrading my GPU isnt really possible considering all the new ones need about an inch of space.

Anyone running a Pentium D (Dual Core / 64bit)? If so, what kind of motherboard?

Nice boards.

FghtinIrshNvrDi - Nice board unfortunately its for P4 and Celeron Ds, not quite what I need.

Idiotec - I checked that board out and it is pretty sick. I hear that those 2 fans are pretty dang noisey though. PCI's are set up a little weird aswell.

Ive searched on NewEgg with my parameters, but with motherboards, the reviews are so mixed. Trying to find the best match.

The board FghtinIrshNvrDi linked to will work with a P-D. Any board with a 945 and up chipset will work. The 945 chipsets are the budget ones, and the 955x and 975x being the nicer boards.

The thing that is nice about the 975x like I said is it may end up supporting Conroe. Asus has a board as well. They have 2 versions with the "WS" I heard being the better, which is supposed to be an awesome board, but hard to find as far as I can tell.

A nice Asus 955x board would be very nice as well.

Thanks for the help.

One question: When it says "FSB: 1100/800mhz" or whatever. Does my front side bus need to be one of those speeds listed or inbetween or what? The worst thing that would happen is a I order one of these boards and find out that my FSB isnt right.

All P-D's are 800FSB expect for the P-D 955 which has 1066FSB. If you got a 955x or 975x board you would be fine either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom