Peltier Coolers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't have any experience with them, however I do know that because of their nature the one Sides Gets very cold (The side on your CPU Obviously) and the other side gets very very hot. Therefore you will have to cool the Peltier itself with watercooling or a High RPM Fan. And whatever you do, don't touch either side. :p

Edit: Just realized that most already have a fan on one side. But I guess if you wanted better proformence you could modify it for water cooling. :confused:

i would def recommend w/c for a peltier. they work extrodinairly well, but if your non-peltier cooling fails the peltier burns out very quickly so be careful

peltiers are really only effective when used in conjunction with water cooling, at least on todays processors anyway.

things you need to know:
if the cooling on the peltier fails your processor can overheat quite dangerously because it acts as a heat source to the processor
they use a LOT of power anid often require a second power supply to power them
you will need to condensation proof the electronics surrounding the processor including the processor and socket themselves.
if the peltier fails your processor will overheat quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom