PCI Express x16 power connector? Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhh I don't know it just says:

nVidia GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB GDDR2, 580Mhz Core, SLI Ready, PCI Express 2.0

9600 Series single slot solution, full microsoft directX 10 shader model 4.0, HDR lighting

By the way I just realized that this card also says minimum power supply required: 500 watt, except it then goes on to say, "Minimum power supply requirement, based on PC configured with intel core2 extreme processor QX6700"

So does that mean that if I have an intel core 2 duo e8400, that I will be fine with a 450 watt?..

Uhh, guys, I ended up just getting the GeForce XFX 9600 GSO

It just seemed safer, and the price was so low. And it has pictures of crysis on the back.. and it came with company of heroes for free.

I really just wanted a card that could play left 4 dead on max settings.. so this will definitely do.

In your opinion, did I screw up?

like hikaricloud said, what one. there are 2 differnt versions. one with 48 stream processors and 96. you want to have the one that has 96 stream processors.

you can use GPU-Z to find out how many SP's your card has.

EDIT: looks like it is the one with 96 SP's, but yuck. only GDDR3 the 9800GT would have been better.

"By the way I just realized that this card also says minimum power supply required: 500 watt, except it then goes on to say, "Minimum power supply requirement, based on PC configured with intel core2 extreme processor QX6700"

So does that mean that if I have an intel core 2 duo e8400, that I will be fine with a 450 watt?.."

Uhh I don't know it just says:

nVidia GeForce 9600 GSO 768MB GDDR2, 580Mhz Core, SLI Ready, PCI Express 2.0

9600 Series single slot solution, full microsoft directX 10 shader model 4.0, HDR lighting

By the way I just realized that this card also says minimum power supply required: 500 watt, except it then goes on to say, "Minimum power supply requirement, based on PC configured with intel core2 extreme processor QX6700"

So does that mean that if I have an intel core 2 duo e8400, that I will be fine with a 450 watt?..

Not so good D:

Plus for around $100, you could have gotten an HD 4770, which beats both the 9600GSO and 9800GT/8800GT..

But it will max out L4D, heck most Medium Range cards do depending on your resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom