PC100 Memory Don't Work

Status
Not open for further replies.
It have 3 slots for memory.

Right now it have like 2 memboy sticks... One is like 32MB and other is 64MB..

3 slots is an strange number to have, usually it's either 2 or 4. Since it's an IBM, in my experience, 3 slots means it has a 384mb memory max. Some Aptivas also only work with certain modules. My advice is to go to www.crucial.com and click on the "Scan My System" button on the right hand of the home page. This tool will tell you what the model number for your computer is and what memory to buy. You can either buy directly or use that info to buy compatible memory from somewhere else, like Newegg.

the general said:
it also might not support that much memory.

if it came with 94mb, i highly doubt it will support that much ram.

you would be suprised what my old compaq presario could hold.. It came with 8mb ram, it could hold 136mb total...

Anyways, you can check out the maximum amount supported on crucial.com. I also suggest you buy the memory from them, SDRAM is picky picky picky.....

I'd just say your motherboard doesn't support that much memory. I had the same problem with my old Pentium 3 system.
jorsoft03 said:
3 slots is an strange number to have, usually it's either 2 or 4.
actually, most motherboards that used SDRAM had 3 slots. it's just that DDR is designed to work best in pairs.

err ditto most of what everyone else said... I could probably tell you your ram limits if you knew what chipset that motherboard is using. Believe the limit on my old socket 370 bx was 768, 256x3. If you know what the motherboard is you can look it up online and find the max it supports.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom