PC for Pro tools, pro recording / mixing, maybe Macintosh ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
*Mods, feel free to move this to the most useful forum if its out of place*

Hello all, im going to attend a school for sound engineering, and am in need of a new PC, or maybe a Mac. And i'll speak with my instructors as well when school starts up but im looking for some outside opinions as well.

This will be for home use, we will be given projects to complete regarding Mixing and simple tracking (I.E. Plug in an instrument and record some sound) and eventually into processing 10-36 tracks, picking them apart adding effects, adjusting dynamics and pretty much making retail quality CD you would expect to pay $15 or so for.

For all this im picturing the need for a powerful computer.

Also, I know recently PC's have been more popular, however Mac's have been the standard in the industry for a bit, anybody care to shed light on their view of this ?

I use PC for producing. Build a multi-core with an external audio card so theres no interference. Mac's however do have some really good sequencers like Digital Performer but a quad core Mac isn't cheap. Its really preference. My dual core served me well. I run Reason in rewire into Ableton, Steinberg Nuendo or Calkwalk and still run as many VST's as I want without a single hiccup. Plus pro tools should be releasing a Vista compatible version soon if not already. You can build a PC quad cheaper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom