PC for my mate. - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 AM   #11 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
meat_helmet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: PC for my mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedman3d View Post
Also is the 4850 adequate for WoW all the way up to something like FarCry2 at 1080p? Because i think he'll be using his TV for gaming.
WoW...yes, definately. Far Cry 2, well we just dont know yet. But you can bet the requirements will probably be a bit more than crysis, however, it is supposed to scale well. At 1080p, i would guess maybe medium settings with no AA. But it should be playable.
__________________

__________________
meat_helmet is offline  
Old 10-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
 
zedman3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,852
Default Re: PC for my mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat_helmet View Post
WoW...yes, definately. Far Cry 2, well we just dont know yet. But you can bet the requirements will probably be a bit more than crysis, however, it is supposed to scale well. At 1080p, i would guess maybe medium settings with no AA. But it should be playable.
Okay sweet. Its not gonna be another nVidia lover title is it?
__________________

zedman3d is offline  
Old 10-15-2008, 03:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie
 
meat_helmet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,119
Default Re: PC for my mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedman3d View Post
Okay sweet. Its not gonna be another nVidia lover title is it?
No idea... but i remember seeing that the minimum requirements were higher than crysis. They are saying that it scales well on lower systems, but then so did crytek, and that was bs.
__________________
meat_helmet is offline  
Old 10-15-2008, 04:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
 
zedman3d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,852
Default Re: PC for my mate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat_helmet View Post
No idea... but i remember seeing that the minimum requirements were higher than crysis. They are saying that it scales well on lower systems, but then so did crytek, and that was bs.
I changed his card to a 9800GTX+, only because it showed similar performance or better in the games he plays and will play. In addition i found it for the same price as a 4850.
__________________

zedman3d is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.