Pc fans - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Old 08-22-2014, 05:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Pc fans

So I've been planing to build an Intel gaming pc, I was planing on using Corsair Carbide SPEC-3, and I need my PC to be as quiet as possible, I won't be overclocking I just want it to be quiet, my budget isn't very big, I know everybody recommends Hyper 212 EVO and I was wondering if there is something in that price range that is quieter, also if I get Hyper 212 Evo or whatever will it be quieter than the stock Case fans on Corsair Carbide SPEC-3 and if Stock case fans would be louder do you reccomend some quieter (preferably LED).
Thanks in advance...

Pudlica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Pc fans

If you could i would reccomend stretching the case budget to the corsair 300r:

it has much more room for longer grphics cards and also has silencing rubber grommits for the PSU so will minimise noise and cancel out any vibration from the unit.

on top of that this case comes with removeable dust filters on the intake fans and the PSU so you should get no dust into the system the supplied exhaust fans are also ver quiet too.

- i am NO expert on the matter but having watched and read numerious reviews it seems an extra 10-20 pounds for this case makes a difference in the qaulity you will get being able to fit the largest of graphics cards into this case too is a plus (tool-less aswell for the most part).

as for the fans nactua/corsair/bequiet seem to be the go-to silent fans bear in mind as well that you can mount rubber stands (they simply stick onto the case) where the fans go to minize/stop vibration and you can get these from B&Q/Homebase for about 5 for 50.

SoulShank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Build Guru

Corsair case fans are pretty slow and quiet as is, and you can control the EVO fan with the CPU fan header through the bios.
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
ninja troll

this case is quiet. very quiet.

Intel Core i5-2500K
ASUS P8Z68-V LE LGA 1155 Intel Z68
Corsair 550VX
1Tb Samsung Spinpoint F3
1Tb WD Caviar Green
2Tb WD Caviar Green
8gb DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 1600
Sapphire Radeon 6870

jasonalwaysready is offline   Reply With Quote