PC cooling...

phantom555

In Runtime
I have been understanding system temp and mobo chips cooling issues...so system cooling unit fan is installed over CPU chip. But there is also a northbridge layout which has aluminium heatsink which becomes extremely hot under hot weather conditions. Any small fans would take care of minute heat resolve dessipation. How to considerably cool down the northbridge layout by replacing the heatsink of the gigabyte company manufactured product with a better cooling replacement?

Yess a multiple fan cooling unit....
But i had this one at home....a used one with perhaps ....
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9ZH3S91536
With a bakelight heatsink underneath product. So i unscrewed the fan mount and the two wires from the connector socket pins i also removed to check if it will run with direct connector with PSU pins. And i even screwed mounted on a old gigabyte mobo but unfortunately the small fan motor has worn out and just runs for some five seconds.
Also the concern was removing the gigabyte manufactured heat sink on the north bridge and replacing it with the bakelite fan small cooling system but the cross section of the underneath area of the bakelite fan unit doesn;t fit to the cross sectional area of the north bridge chip unit.
I read somewhere of water cooling unit too the cross section pipes runs pumps water from cpu to the north bridge in a loop....perhaps that would be the best alternative...i guess. As water provides good heat dissipation cooling rather than cross sectional heatsinks with fans...

can you give me suggestions as to how to cool effectively 775 socket as well as northbridge by liquid cooling?
I checked yesterday that the present day mobo gigabyte has different surface area contact size dimension of FSB than the surface area size of my earlier mobo of gigabyte of northbridge. So if the two heatsinks provided by the manufacturing company itself can never interchange and connect perfectly. How can other connector heatsinks like liquid or fan cooling mechanisms connect to northbridge given slots?

Not really as I never personally water cooled my system, but even those who have can give a lot of pros and cons.
I would watch some youtube videos on the matter on setting up a custom setup, while I personally never did it I know a few people who have and well.. it is indeed a bit of a mixed bag.

I wouldn't recommend in investing time & energy into a system that old (a socket 775 system). Save the money you'd put towards watercooling, and put that towards a new system instead.

Now i am trying to understand that if we somehow connect as shown in water cooling videos of base socket chipset the surface area is covered by the plastic water cooling duct system through pipes which circulate the water or substance which lower temperature effects. But if the water pump systems water lets say gets heated and circulates. And same water again moves around the duct and to again the chip section inlet. Thereby taking up much considerable heat, making the liquid water to vaporize and increasing air pressure inside the water pipe cooling system? So does it really cool or is just mismanaged stuff and again we need to refill ?

http://www.taringa.net/comunidades/serviciotecnico/832675/Core-2-Duo-E7500-Overclock-estable.html
where can i get this type of cooling which connects south north bridge as well with the main socket cpu? as shown in the picture?

Last edited:
Now i am trying to understand that if we somehow connect as shown in water cooling videos of base socket chipset the surface area is covered by the plastic water cooling duct system through pipes which circulate the water or substance which lower temperature effects. But if the water pump systems water lets say gets heated and circulates. And same water again moves around the duct and to again the chip section inlet. Thereby taking up much considerable heat, making the liquid water to vaporize and increasing air pressure inside the water pipe cooling system? So does it really cool or is just mismanaged stuff and again we need to refill ?
Yes liquid cooling lowers the temperature more than air cooling if the loop is done correctly.

Core 2 Duo E7500 Overclock estable. - Taringa!
where can i get this type of cooling which connects south north bridge as well with the main socket cpu? as shown in the picture?

Those are heatsinks/heatpipes that are on that specific board - they're put on there by the manufacturer.

Back
Top Bottom