PC Case: NZXT H440 vs Corsair Carbide 540 series (comparison pics with same setup installed)

BrockB

Solid State Member
For those of you shopping for a case and would like an identical comparison between the NZXT H440 and the Corsair Air 540 white Carbide Series, here is what my same AMD setup installed in each different case looks like (pics below):

Significant comparison pros (differences) over each other from my experiences:

NZXT H440:
- Superior aesthetics (In my opinion).
- runs slightly quieter (but not enough to be significant to the 540)
- LED back light
- 2x more front USB 3.0 ports
- slimmer and slightly taller
- more rugged (metal framing all around and glass is slightly thicker)
- sound dampening foam on each block of the case
- Cool NZXT led light in the front
- screws will not fall out (only loosen) from components when moving things
- 3x more hardrive bays
- complete white color on the inside (makes your components stick out more- the 540 is black on the inside)

Corsair Air 540:
- More balanced (weight wise, its squared off)
- more space for cable management, upgrades, liquid cooling systems, and overall working room
- two 5.25 bay drives (NZXT has none)
- 2x more SSD storage space
- glass area is tinted, unlike the NZXT
- better airflow (since no blocks are constricting in front of fans) for cooler operating specs

NZXT:

CORSAIR:

NZXT:

CORSAIR:

NZXT:

CORSAIR:

NZXT:

CORSAIR:

NZXT:

CORSAIR:

NZXT:

CORSAIR:

NZXT:

CORSAIR:

At the time I built my setup, I was aesthetically in love with the NZXT H440, and to this day I think it looks better than the Corsair 540 IMO; however, I ultimately switched to the 540 because of its superiority to the H440 in cable management, overall space for upgrades, and air flow/cooling potential. I notice subtle drops in temps in the 540, and surprisingly it seemed just as quiet, or at least not loud enough to notice the difference from the NZXT H440 (the H440 has sound dampening blocks on each side and it was designed for silent running). Overall, I love both cases. It really just depends on your goals as to which one would be better for you. If my system wasn't so dependent on performance (I run a triple monitor setup and do heavy gaming), I would've stuck with the NZXT. Overall, I say NZXT for a professionally appealing case, and the corsair for big gaming setups- especially ones using a lot of liquid cooling

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom