PC builder challenge and network connection question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry about the case, I forgot you had specific dimensions. Both the motherboards baron and I suggested are very good. It is more of how much you want to spend.

No you will not be able to put an i7 processor in this mobo. You will have to get a new mobo and ram if you want to go i7.

For the 512mb game recommendation thing, don't pay attention to those. The GPU has much more to do with running the game than the ram does. I picked the 512mb card because you don't sound like a too serious gamer and the games you do play are not very demanding. If you want to be able to stay with games for longer, you can upgrade the video card but you will go over budget. You are trying to fit a lot into a small budget. The network stuff alone takes up atleast $100.

I don't think you need a soundcard. The onboard will more than likely do you just fine. I think that should be an extra you can throw in if you have leftover money later.

RAID is where you put two or more disks together in one of several ways to make them more reliable, faster, or both.

RAID 0 - better performance, but if one drive fails, you lose all data.
RAID 1 - redundancy, if one drive fails, the other drive will still be usable with the same data on it.
RAID 10 - better performance with redundancy, this requires more drives.

there are also several more versions but thats a basic outline of some more popular ones.

I didn't understand a couple things from your response. Could you please clarify on these?

1) Are you recommending the 4480B case over the 6580B you linked, or provided it as a backup option because the 4480B is smaller? Neither case came with a power supply from Seasonic, so I'm confused on that point.

2) About the mobo comment in the edit - what is RAID? Would the mobo recommended by Pinscher be a better option? I don't know the difference between them because I know nothing about mobos other than that they hold all the other stuff.
the 4480B and 6580B are the same cases but with different power supplies. I was saying they are seasonic because antec earth watts are made by them and not actually by antec hence why they are very good. Both mobo's are great but the I45 is more of a over clockers board offering some better chipset cooling options and overclocking features which you don't really need at all. Put it this way, if your had either board and built your computer up, you would notice no difference at all, unless you were going to overclock. so the TP45 is for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom