PC Build With Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
This is the pc that I decided to build....It was built with the idea that it will replace my stereo in the basement.....we will soon be going discless on all of our music :big_grin:

Anyway....it will also be doing some photo work and aliitle gaming to boot.

Here is the build in pictures.

Asus Xonar Essence ST sound card....this is the first time i have ever spent more on a soundcard than a video card....by the way....this card is just sick.
DSC04620 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

Asus i5 Sabbertooth mobo
DSC04623 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

Audioengine 5 Speakers....these have a built in amp in the speakers, so no need to have an amplifier sitting on the desk.....these are pure heaven, and even better than I could have imagined.
DSC04670 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

DSC04671 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

I also bought an Asus open box 1920x1080 lcd monitor withan HDMI output....got this for $133 because it was an open box.......it had one dead pixel at the bottom left, so that worked out well.

I also bought 4 GB of some nice GSkill Ripjaws and a Coolermaster v8 cpu cooler,to cool my i5 750 and a coolermaster 690 case and a Radeon 5770 gpu...that is all of the important stuff.

Here is mobo with the Ripjaws and V8 cooler mounted.
DSC04646 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

I love how the inside of case was black....it matched all of my other black components,except my sexy blue ripjaws. The case has some nice wire management features.
DSC04649 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

V8 Close Up
DSC04673 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

Radeon 5770
DSC04658 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

All Components Installed
DSC04655 by gridironwhirlwinds, on Flickr

I will be working on tidying up the wires tomorrow, as I listened to music all day today!This was a fun and pain free build.....we are enjoying the heck out of our new stereo and pc.....hope you enjoyed the pics

Heck no, we didn't enjoy the pictures we were thrilled by it, atleast I was, also it aint official until the whole case is closed up and glowing something evil like my raidmax does at 12:50am while booming music!

More pictures blast you and maybe you dancing to the beegees's !

Wait, so you built a PC just to play music?

Well......not just.........but we wanted it to serve as our stereo.

I had a huge stereo in the basement that my wife has wanted to get rid of for years.......finally it has happened and I gotta tell you......never believe someone who tells you that a soundcard is no big deal.

This card and these speakers are producing sound that will rival a nice, large, amplified stereo system..

We will now have all digital media....no more discs.....and lots more room........

I have alot of audio cd's that need ripping :p

Hmm well if there was no gaming in mind a mini-itx rig with a pci-e slot for the sound card woulda been more reasonable than a huge case and regular pc for audio functions :p

As for the sound card, they always make a difference. Studio sats make for great audiophile grade stereo sound solutions for most. If i was to make a surround sound system it would be out of straight studio class sats that are self powered and an external knob for volume control. I think that would sound amazing paired with an Auzen Forte.

Hmm well if there was no gaming in mind a mini-itx rig with a pci-e slot for the sound card woulda been more reasonable than a huge case and regular pc for audio functions :p

As for the sound card, they always make a difference. Studio sats make for great audiophile grade stereo sound solutions for most. If i was to make a surround sound system it would be out of straight studio class sats that are self powered and an external knob for volume control. I think that would sound amazing paired with an Auzen Forte.

My wife will also be using this for her photos and photoshop stuff, all her digital photos......some mid range gaming.....and like mentioned before....music......also have plenty of room to upgrade with a blu-ray ect for later on.

Oh yea....and who can build anything, without overclocking it alittle. :p

I love these Audioengine 5 speakers.....you can plug two audio sources to them at once....also i can make a very quick connection to any console...mp3...cd player.....iphone.....tv.....so i would highly recommend them...They are the most expensive thing in this system, but well worth it IMO.

I will be looking for a high end set of cans next....the card can power 600 ohm head phones.....so that will be my next purchase.

You should check this out. OCed i5 with a 480 in there (not pictured, whats pictured is case modded for 5870). Not practical since you probably want a 3.5" 1TB/2TB drive in your rig but possible if you used eSATA with an external enclosure for storage drives.

[PROJECT LOG] "MAX11L" - Overclockers Forums

Edit: He updated with pics showing 480 in there. Thats so funny.

That is funny....but it is also pretty sweet......If i had that case....that is what i would want, and that would probly happen to me...lol

After looking at the current setup i think i want to do that with my next build. I LAN alot so having mini-itx would be awesome...and the power in that little box will have people going 0_0 when they realize its an OCed quad and a 480 ahahaha.

Anyways, enjoy your speakers man, and the rig. You got some quality stuff goin on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom