PC assembly question.. - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2008, 12:49 PM   #1 (permalink)
Super Techie
Default PC assembly question..

so.. I am getting ready to assemble my new pc and I was curious about installing my CPU. I have an E7200 and I was wondering if it is any different than installing a normal amd CPU? Also, if anyone has pics of how to install and e7200 or something like that. That would be wonderful..

one more thing, I thinkI asked this early but I couldn't find my old post.
I am going to use some thermal paste that i used when I built my first cpu like 2 years ago is that ok ?

Old 09-12-2008, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
AKA , gt7sanremo
Default Re: PC assembly question..

Check this out:
How To Install An Intel Socket 775 Processor and Heatsink - PCSTATS.com

You should be safe with the paste you used before as long as it's Arctic Silver, MX-2, or something along the lines of one of those. I wouldn't use the thermal paste that came with a heatsink or the Intel cpu.

Random movie quote to make you seem hip and "with it":
"Please take the chairs away. I don't like them. The big one is staring at me and that short one is being very droll."
Old 09-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Super Techie

This is great thank you. If I can get my pc assembled iwill try to post some proud pictures.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Well the main difference is that core2 chips dont have pins anymore, so its a lot harder to screw something up. Just line up the notches and you're good to go.
Nothing to see here.
Closed Thread