PC acting weird when playing crysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhlrocker

In Runtime
ok so you can look at my specs... i should be able to run crysis...
anyways it is really laggy and skippy and ctrl+alt+delete doesnt even work i have to restart.
any explanations???

Could it be overheating? Maybe reinstall the graphic drivers. Or look up some hot fixes for this games, as I heard it's good for a performance boost. What resolution are you playing this game on?

and not only that.. what quality are you playing on.. and are you using windows vista or xp... cuz if your using windows vista.. and playing on very high... you don't stand a chance... no where even near a chance unless playing 1024x768...

on my system(which is fairly similar to yours, running vista 64bit), when in DX9 mode, game runs fine on high settings @ 1440*900. when in DX10 mode, i have similar problems as you do when i'm @ med settings. since the game really isn't in full DX10 except at very high settings, try right clicking the icon and going to "Run in DX9". might be what you're looking for as far as performance, might not.

im running xp
and i push optimal system settings and it puts everything on high (not very high)
and my resolution is 1024 i think.

ah ya... definitely not doing good then! it should be doing high okay.. especially at that res

try downloading the crysis 1.1 patch

I have been having the same problems also. I have patch 1.2 installed. Someone(Ste) told me to run memtest86 for four hours. I haven't done it yet but when I do I will let you know the results.

I should be able to play Crysis on high with no problems shouldn't I? Seems like there are a few people having the same problems. Maybe it is not the system but the game.

nhlrocker, when it is not skipping, what is your fps?

Step 1) Uninstall Crysis
Step 2) Install Call of Duty 4
Step 3) Profit :)

As for your original question dunno. Make sure you dont have anything going on in the background that is eating up CPU cycles as at lower resolution the game likes to use as much CPU as it can get its grubby little mits on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom