PATA 133 RAID card

Status
Not open for further replies.

theshonen8899

In Runtime
My dad brought in his broken computer with a classic ASUS P4B533-E mobo so I decided to try and fix it for him while my own system was down. I saw a weird thing about this mobo and it was the fact that it didn't just have 2 IDE slots, it have 4 *it wasn't a server mobo*. After getting my system up I did research on this to find it was a RAID controller and I thought, "wow cool, RAID for IDE". I hate it when I keep losing files to unreliable IDE drives so I now need help with buying a new IDE RAID card for my system which I have aboslutely no idea what to get. The config is...

Maxtor DiamondMax 300 GB PATA133
Seagate Berracuda 300 GB PATA100

RAID 1 config

For compatability, same size is the only thing that really matters rite? I'm scared of the PATA133 and PATA100 thing being an issue. This is a card I found so tell me if it's okay.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16816132004

Thanks guys!

i have an ultra raid controller since my mobo could only handle 200 gigs and no probs with it so im sure that one is fine

and i dont think the 100/133 thing should be an issue

i have 3 right now but the 250 is attached to the controller and my mobo doesnt recognize it at all. thats funny that it sees it there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom