Parts for my new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan64

In Runtime
Hello all. I am currently planning my 3rd computer to build and had some need for advice on a few parts. After much research, here are the parts I have chosen:

mobo: AN832 SLI Deluxe or DFI LANPARTY UT SLI-DR Expert
cpu: AMD FX-60
mem: Corsair TWINX20483500LLPRO
HD: 2 Western Digital 74gb Raptors in RAID 0
Other HD's: Western Digital Caviar SE's 80gb and 2 40gb w/ 8mb cache
PSU Pcpowercooling 1KW or Pcpowercooling 850 SSI or Seasonic S12-600
video:BFG 7800 GTX 512 or XFX 7800 GTX 512
sound: Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Pro
DVD Burner: Plextor 716A
mouse: Logitexh G5 Laser Mouse
keyboard: Logitech G15 Gaming
case: Thermaltake ARMOR VA8000BWS
watercooling: Corsair Cool Water

Here are my questions:

I can't seem to find any info on the video cards. Have they been delayed; when are they coming out?!?! Everywhere I look says either not available or no longer available.

I am not going to use SLI or do any monster O/C'ing but want the best motherboard I can get.

How much PSU do I REALLY need. I added this stuff up and came up with about 750 watts.

I have little knowledge of water cooling. Is the Corsair as good as they say or is there something better?

As you may gather money is of no real importance. Just trying to keep under $4000

for the mobo i would suggest not getting the expert as it has had a few problems.

If, money is no object and you want the best proccedor, imho i would say wait till the new line of Intel proccesors come out(yeah, i said it). these proc's should be really, really fast.

For the video card i suggest EVGA. I think all the gtx's are sold out right ow, so the only place to find them is ebay or some store carry them(I think i saw one in bestbuy the other day....weird)

For the psu, i would suppose you could buy a 750 watt if you wanted, but that would be overkill imho. 600 should be fine.

if you have little knowledge of watercooling i say stay away. since you are not oc'ing just get some air coolers like a zalman and a few fans.

also i suggest getting 2 x 1Gb of ram, you will thank me in the future.

p.s. nice choice on the mouse and keyboard, you will be happy with them.

if u r gaming and money isnt the issue, get x-fi extreme music sound card. its much much better than audigy and its $100. x-fi is the only series supports AEX5.0
and yes 2GB ram will help for the future games. (and BF2) and for 7800GTX512, they r all gone i think. its almost like ghost product. but another new card is just around the corner if u want the top quality GPU.

Thanks for your input. I had a mistake in my choice for the DFI board it should be the LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR.

Also the TWINX20483500LLPRO is a 2x1gb kit

Thanks again for your input.

Just an update.

I just ordered a 7800 GTX 512 from Overclockers UK.

I am very pumped!! But still have to wait till late srping to finish the rig.
:mad:

I'd go with Asus if you aren't into overclocking. (corsair works better with Asus)

The 600w OCZ powerstream is more than enouph.

The 550w antec truepower 2 is also enouph.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom