parts for $200

I think pentium is very old processor to run games. You will not be able to play games on high resolution. You should go for - Amazon.com: AMD Athlon II X4 640 Processor (ADX640WFGMBOX): Electronics

It is specially designed for gaming.

The G3220 came out last half of last year... it's not that old...

And please read this: http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/your-cpu-modern-games-guide-those-building-261626/

Games are not multithreaded, so using a heavily-multithreaded CPU will hurt performance rather than increase it; which is why Intel does better with gaming and single threaded tasks.

The Athlon X2 is designed specifically to be a cheap alternative to the Phenom 2, which actually is old. These Haswell Pentiums can run circles around older AMD processors. There are still modern games that only run on a single core. I was looking at Assassin's Creed 4 just last night using only 1 core, no HT. Pretty pathetic.

Why the HDD, and why do you insist on that 81-a board when it's almost identical to the E board that is cheaper?

I decided to get a new main HDD because all the ones i have are pretty old, which HDD would be best for this system as a main drive

I dont need storage because i have several older drives for that but i would like at least a 320GB main drive

What is your definition of "old"? A HDD is a HDD. Long as it isn't IDE or a first gen SATA clunker you'll get basically the same performance. The best drive for a main drive would be an SSD hands down but your budget doesn't really permit this. I say utilize your budget fully to put into your system if you already have drives. If you have a larger drive like a 750GB or 1TB you aren't really using or can transfer the data off of it you could short stroke it to get a "smidget" more of performance but nothing close to what an SSD can offer.

Back
Top Bottom