Parting out my computer, how much can I expect to sell it for?

King$nake

In Runtime
I know my PC isn't cutting edge anymore, but I think the CPU, MoBo and GPU should be worth some cash. What can I expect to sell these parts for (ballpark?).

I want to build a new i7 PC, and am trying to recoop any money I can

I sold my X58 board with 6 sticks of 2gb ddr3 and i7920 that ran at 4ghz on stock voltage for 250 to a guy I work with. I think I managed to sell him my GTX285 for 100. Odds are you won't get as much as I did as I got it for cash and didn't have to deal with paypal costs or any of that jazz.

Cool, that sounds good to me.

Yes, I am parting out - unless I can get an equivalent amount for the entire computer. I'm not planning on reusing any parts, so I might as well sell the whole thing.

On a side note, do you guys know where I can get that hardware packaging that all new hardware parts come in? I just want to make sure I package everything properly for the seller.

Thanks!

Cool, that sounds good to me.

Yes, I am parting out - unless I can get an equivalent amount for the entire computer. I'm not planning on reusing any parts, so I might as well sell the whole thing.

On a side note, do you guys know where I can get that hardware packaging that all new hardware parts come in? I just want to make sure I package everything properly for the seller.

Thanks!

Usually bubble wrap and proper box packaging is sufficient. If you have anti static bags that would be good too, although idk where to actually pick that up.

Don't want to reuse your PSU and case?

Usually bubble wrap and proper box packaging is sufficient. If you have anti static bags that would be good too, although idk where to actually pick that up.

Don't want to reuse your PSU and case?

Im not sure man. Part of me is thinking if I am building an all new PC, I might as well get a new slick case and PSU. My current PSU has wires all over the place that aren't needed. I would like to get a PSU to only use what I need. But then again, I may have done something wrong and that is why wires are all over the place lol

Last edited:
Im not sure man. Part of me is thinking if I am building an all new PC, I might as well get a new slick case and PSU. My current PSU has wires all over the place that aren't needed. I would like to get a PSU to only use what I need. But then again, I may have done something wrong and that is why wires are all over the place lol

Proper cable management with a good case can rid you of the wires. If you aren't very creative with cable routing and zip ties then a modular PSU might not really help besides having slightly less clutter. IMO if your case does you fine you can keep that unless you absolutely want to build a 100% new PC. More money not spent means more money available for a faster GPU or bigger SSD.

Ok thanks.

Just out of curiosity, at what price should I offer the entire computer to be sold for?

Back
Top Bottom