P6T and Gskill RAM Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleny3h

Baseband Member
Hi guys I have a Asus P6T with GSKILL 6GB DDR3 RAM (Win7). For some reason when I boot up windows 7 only recognizes only 4GB of RAM, but CPUZ recognizes 6GB. For me to get Windows to recognize all 6gb i have to change a setting in the bios e.g. RAM speed. It'll reboot and recognize all 6gb. Then after a while on a new boot up, itll go back down to 4gb. Any ideas out there?

What bios settings are working for you? Have you moved the voltage up to 1.65 on them? Have you set the timings to stock for your sticks? Have you tested the memory with memtest? Sure you have them in the proper slots for your board?

It would probably be a good idea to run Memtest :D

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Windows 7 64 bit.
Memtest came back with no errors.
Reseated RAM couple of times (everytime after a reseat, windows will recognize 6gb, but will go back down to 4gb after a while)
Bios settings left at default ( Upgraded Bios to newest version, didnt fix the problem)
Set timings to RAM (8-8-8-24). Again after changing the RAM settings Win7 will recognize 6gb, but then after a short while on another fresh reboot, itll go back down to 4gb.

I'll try to set the voltage rate manually.

Well the memory controller is built into the cpu so that is a possibility. What kind of temp's are you getting?

Download Hardware Monitor (HW Monitor) and post a screenshot of it running. It will show us a lot of information so post a pic, don't try to just tell us as a lot will be lost in translation.

HW Monitor Direct Download

It could also be a problem with the mobo, the HW Monitor info will help with that 2 :D

I'm having the same issues here. P6T board, Win7 64 bit installed, Gskill ram, 6Gb installed but only 4Gb showing.

Here's the screen shot...

info.png
[/IMG]

Manually set the RAM timings and the voltage up to 1.6V (mem specs) last night and it booted up with 6GB. Did another boot this morning and its back down to 4gb.

I'm assuming the motherboard is not compatible w/ the ram? I've read somewhere else and some people have said that it might be 'bent pins ' on the cpu/mobo? I'll have to check that.

I can always just reboot twice everytime and it'll give me 6GB but that's pretty annoying....

This is the RAM I have -

GSKILL RIPJAWS -
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...cm_re=gskill_ddr3_1600-_-20-231-304-_-Product

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom