P67, 1155, or other wise Sandy Bridge topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PP Mguire

Build Guru
I want to know what your opinion is based off the information we have currently on this new platform. I understand its very little but we have seen processor names, what appears to be a few retail boards ready for abuse, and even some minor OCing ability on a K-Class CPU. With P67 just right around the corner i want to know what people think about this 100mhz locked bclk thing. Whats your opinion on Intel trying to force K-Class CPUs on the overclocking world? Do you think this will turn out to be like the current bclk thing we have now where people feared the worst with "1.65v ram" and "133 bclk"? Or do you think Intel actually put a physical lock on it that motherboards wont be able to get around?

How do you think consumers will react if Intel in fact did put a hamper on FSB clocking, whereas AMD has FSB and BE clockable CPUs?

Whats your opinion on Gigabytes longed after change of color scheme?

gigabytep67.jpg

And finally, whats your opinion on what appears to be ECS trying to take a spot in the enthusiast market? Its no secret that they have been stepping the game up with their Black series of motherboards. Some of them even appeal to some enthusiasts i know personally.
Take a look at this NF200 equippied, tri-sli capable board from them. Change the color scheme a tad and even i would consider it in a purchase! (Final board could be completely different, given the specs though it doesnt seem bad at all)

ECS_p67h2-a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom