P5N E or P5B E? Future proofing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

small256

In Runtime
Hey all. Recently decided (as of yesterday actually) to put together the rig i've detailed below. However, do you think it'd more beneficial to future proof it a bit more and buy an sli ready mobo and psu?
Bearing in mind I don't really want to spend to much more I was thinking of the asus p5n e Sli instead of the p5b e. and i guess instead of getting the 520w psu i was going to get, get the 560w sli of the same brand...

the one thing that bothers me is that the p5n-e sli is cheaper. that doesn't seem right to me, have I got the right one?

rig to be bought

e6600 cpu
evga 320mb 8800gts gfx card
200gb seagate barracuda hdd
asus p5b-e mobo or p5n-e
silverstone zeus 520w psu or 560w silverstone zeus
2x 1gb g.skill 800mhz ram

well you have an evga graphics card so within ninety days you can step up to a better graphics card and just pay the difference...... but sli is beneficial if your performance increase out ways your new card and you save money. If it is only $20 bucks or so do it might as well just in case

the p5n-e sli is better not teh p5n-sli its aite but overclocking options are really bad, price is ok but not the best mobo for the price.... the step-up program is really decent, and so is going SLI nowadays with the new DX 10 cards, i'm not a master of SLI so ask some1 else

also found the Abit Fatal1ty fp-in9sli
apparently its a good gamers board for the money with good ocing options.

does anybody have any experience of it?

Future Proofing is no longer a recognized term in the technology industry.

So buy whatever you think will handle your performance requirements for the next 1.25 years. That's about all it's going to last before it's obsolescence.

haha i actually got a rid of a comment i originally put in saying exactly the same thing! Ok, thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom