P45 Motherbard Shootout and Official P45 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are getting significantly lower fsb's than I expected for most of those boards. Most of the other reviews I have seen used wolfdales instead of conroes so that may have an affect on the fsb's.

I think the results would be more useful if they had used a E8x00 since few people would buy a E6xx0 at this point.

The results are skewed. They used conroes. P45s are specifically designed for Wolfdale. I don't know anyone who would buy a p45 and then get a last generation processor. This only shows just how optimized the P45 chipset is.

I'm going to see if I can email Thomas Soderstrom and ask for a better test system.

I've recently won a Asrock P45R2000-wifi MB and that made me want to upgrade my system.

Would have been good to see them use the E8x00s or the quad cores to see how my board really goes.

But i guess ill have to wait on my decision of either E8400 or Q6600 G0 to check the overclocking on this board

I think the reason they used the E6850 is because all the other S775 mobo reviews are done with the same CPU so it does make for a useful comparison.

However I agree, these boards would be much better suited with a 45nm chip :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom