P35-DS3R Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acentric

Baseband Member
I just recently installed my motherboard and ive been trying to use the audio, it works when i test it out in the Realtek HD Audio Manager but it doesnt work with anything else, and when i go to the Sound and Audio devices properties it says "no audio devices". anyone know how to fix this issue?

Just DL the drivers and re-install. I had a problem with realtek audio (though not with the DS3R) and DLing the drivers worked perfectly.

I just fixed it! If anyone else is having a problem with this I'll explain what I did.

The first think you need to do is go to your "Control Panel"; from there go to your "Add or Remove Programs", once there look for a file with (KB888111) in it. Once you find it uninstall it. Don't worry if it gives you a list of the programs that may not function without it. Afterwords restart your computer. Once you restart have your Gigabyte CD in your cd or dvd player (mine was in the dvd player). After words if the cd starts it self up, close it. then go to my computer and when u see the Gigabyte icon right click it and click "open". Once there go to the "Audio" folder, then to the "MSHDQFE" folder, then "Win2K_XP", then open "us" and finally install "kb888111xpsp2", after that it should work. Good luck to those who have this problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom