Overheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RisingFalls

In Runtime
I think my build I built in August is overheating. Periodic crashes at max load times, BSoD depending on the program, but mostly just incessantly annoying freezing.

Idle temps :
fan2.jpg

One I took with Everest :
temop.jpg

And load temps :
fan.jpg

After pulling the side panel off to inspect for any obvious damage, I realized that my back case fan isn't even on and that my CPU fan isn't blowing any air around, only the heatsink is warm.
So my question is, how do I turn on these fans to reduce the temperatures as my last possible explanation to these problems?
I realize how stupid this sounds, yes, but I haven't had needed to touch the options regarding them in so long that I forgot how.

LMAO, your CPU fan is off? That is a suicide route, lucky the computer still runs. There should be a wire from the fan where it connects to the CPU_FAN port on the motherboard, refer to the manual.

LMAO, your CPU fan is off? That is a suicide route, lucky the computer still runs. There should be a wire from the fan where it connects to the CPU_FAN port on the motherboard, refer to the manual.

What's funny is that my AMD X2 still runs at 40c in BIOS.

I connected it three months ago, but it's still not spinning.

Oh, good. I blew out some dust, changed some power connectors, removed some things here and there, and now idle I'm at :

fan3.jpg

ev1.jpg

I'm thinking of getting a PCI fan card just to help improve cooling. Maybe re-apply thermal paste on my processor.

I didn't even change the fan speeds but it's running cooler. Why ;_;

If you're going to re-seat your cpu heatsink, why not get a new heatsink? Anything good like a Zalman or Tuniq Tower will solve your problems.

If you're going to re-seat your cpu heatsink, why not get a new heatsink? Anything good like a Zalman or Tuniq Tower will solve your problems.

I'm using an Arctic Cooler 64 right now.

Gone about 3 hours now without any freezing. I hope this fixed it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom