Overdue Upgrade....well kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masta_Gomes

Baseband Member
How does this look like for an upgrade from my current system, and how much of an increase will I happen to see?

Motherboard: Gigabyte M55SLI-S4
Processor: AMD X2 4200+
Ram: 1GB Corsair 667 5300
Graphics Card: Leadtek or Gigabyte 256MB 7600GT

Also I want to savet he $70AU it is for installation and testing, and as i'll be retaining my optical drives, PSU, Floppy and Hard Drive, is the installing of the hardware easy enough to complete and then going through getting the computer to work? I should I safely opt for them doing the installing for me?

Also with the motherboard, I never really intend to go SLI, but I still think it is a good buy at $149AU, should I go for another mobo? Also I'm intending to keep the price under $800AU.

so you are buying from a brick and mortar company. rust me it isnt hard to install the parts yourself. I had never worked on a computer before in my life and I researched for about an hour and a half one night and when I got the parts got it all together and working on the first try

lancec2c30 said:
so you are buying from a brick and mortar company. rust me it isnt hard to install the parts yourself. I had never worked on a computer before in my life and I researched for about an hour and a half one night and when I got the parts got it all together and working on the first try

yeah its pretty easy, you really do need minimal experience.

Well once all the parts are installed which seems relatively simple, besides the processsor and the thermal paste..........since it's the most delicate section of the comp, how do you work through the bios, do you have to format your drive? Or can you repair install windows? I don't want to lose all the updates etc...

you do a repair install if you still have the original HD with data on it I think. BIOS is really easy. I got through it without any guidance :) I was like the basis for computers so it has to be simple.

Bios should pretty much be set up how you want it straight away anyway. Everything else that needs to be changed is pretty self explanitory really.

Don't stress! :)

Thermal paste? I just used the stock heatsink and thermal paste that came with my processor, full load around 48 and cool around 35

Granted I do not overclock my stuff, I am going to wait until the warranty expires and I am about to upgrade before I go monkeying with that =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom