Is Overclocking RAM Worth Getting

Status
Not open for further replies.
it doesnt slow down your computer why are you lying to them on spending more money on expensive ram :?

in three years, the effect of overclocking your ram would be almost nonexistant. It would make such a little difference. You wouldn't be able to notice at all... Not even in benchmarks. I overclocked my ram to DDR500 speeds and my 3dmark scores were like 30 points higher.

Ryan

FghtinIrshNvrDi said:
in three years, the effect of overclocking your ram would be almost nonexistant. It would make such a little difference. You wouldn't be able to notice at all... Not even in benchmarks. I overclocked my ram to DDR500 speeds and my 3dmark scores were like 30 points higher.

Ryan
Its not because it makes your system faster, its because when you enable a divider, it slows down the computer.

if you are overclocking, then yes get OCing RAM.

if your not overclocking, dont bother.

Thats the bottom line

003 said:
Its not because it makes your system faster, its because when you enable a divider, it slows down the computer.

Dude, what're you tlaking about :angry: You should know better than this. Memory dividers IN NO WAY slow down your PC. I thought I explained this to everyone months ago...

Yea, overclocking RAM is worth getting, but if you can't afford it, then no biggie.

003 said:

What are you cracked out on? For one, dividers don't slow down anything. They just ENABLE the ram to run at a frequency different than that of the processor. And, I'd like to point out, that I said nothing about dividers. My main idea is that when you overclock three years down the road, it's going to be so marginally small in the grand scheme of things. It will be so insignificant, that you won't even be able to notice a performance gain. That doesn't justify the difference in price in ram for me. I'm all about cost/performance ratios.

Ryan

Well thanks for the replys but you still really haven't answered my question!
Well i will have a AMD 64 3500+ Processor and an amazing motherboard but on the motherboards site it says it only supports up to PC3200 RAM does this mean that i can't put PC4400 RAM in?
I can't have anyother motherboard either because the motherboard is the only one that supports crossfire! So shall i wait for a better crossfire board to come out that supports up to PC4400 RAM or shall i just not bother getting the overclocking RAM?
If i don't get overclocking RAM will i be able to overclock the processor at all????
I will overclock computer and may improve cooling in the future to watercooling. I was wandering if it was worth paying an extra 70 for this improved overclocking potetional on the RAM. So will the gains from me getting this overclocking RAM be great or small????? I'm pritty sure that its the RAM which would probably limit my overclocking is this true? I don't really mind about the cost but i would like it as cheap as possible!!!!

you'll be able to put any 184 pin memory in. Get yourself some DDR 500 ram, and then OC your HTT to 250. That'll be a mild overclock, and all of your components will be happy.

Ryan

So what you're saying is that the extra performence from the OC RAM is worth while and it'll work on my motherboard. I will probs get this OC RAM if any because 1 computer shopper recommends it and 2 i've found it for cheap! Do you think this RAM is worth my money? But anyways cheers for the help :D ;) :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom