Is Overclocking RAM Worth Getting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kahlos

In Runtime
Hi
I'm wondering if it is worth paying some extra $$$ for overclocking RAM . I would be getting this RAM if overclocking RAM is worth it. I will be overclocking my whole computer but i'm not sure if the performence increase from fast RAM is worth it. I hear that if you have overclocking RAM then you can increase the FSB and decrease the mutiplyers on the processor by doing that you increase the speed of the whole computer without creating any extra heat but keeping the processor speed the same. Then you can increase the mutiplyers on the processor to get a huge increase in performence but obviously creating more heat . Is this correct? Or is the increase in speed small. So overall is it worth me getting overclocking RAM???????

if ur planning on getting THAT ram, no, not worth it, get OCZ instead and then i would it say its usually worth it

...to the extent to which you are overclocking, i mean, if u only want a 200Mhz OC, G-Skills would not be too sensible

overclockable ram enable you to squeeze a little bit more out of your system that you may need down the line when you think of upgrading

now, if you were stuck with value ram, tough luck, but by having OCable ram, raise the stock speed a little bit and you are good to go for just a while longer while you buy new parts, etc...

harobikes333 said:
003 could ya post why tho?
Because it allows you to overclock the CPU without putting a divider on the RAM which slows down the computer.

o ok:D So if I'm planning on getting a Opteron 170 or 165 and I want to OC it only after the three year warranty is over what do you suggest....?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom