Overclocking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHeaven

In Runtime
Its a simple question really. Besides getting higher benchmarks, is there a truely noticeable difference in performance during the everyday use of the PC when you overclock? I've never had a system worth trying to overclock (since it was always a stock pre-built, and I wouldn't trust myself to do it), but it seems like everyone here does it. So If anyone has any feed back of the performance differences it would give me some insight into the world of overclocking your systems (CPU's, GPU's, RAM).

Thank,
BLue

yes there is...as long as you aren't just surfing the web and watching movies everything is faster with higher clocks such as encoding and gaming.

Its a simple question really. Besides getting higher benchmarks, is there a truely noticeable difference in performance during the everyday use of the PC when you overclock? I've never had a system worth trying to overclock (since it was always a stock pre-built, and I wouldn't trust myself to do it), but it seems like everyone here does it. So If anyone has any feed back of the performance differences it would give me some insight into the world of overclocking your systems (CPU's, GPU's, RAM).

Thank,
BLue

in gaming it does.... it CAD it does...but not for everyday email usage and stuff

It's also noticeable, if you've overclocked it, significantly from it's stock speed. Like on my C2D, 2.13GHz-3.2GHz is very noticeable....would never go back.

Overclocking GPU you will mostly notice in games.
Overclocking CPU you will mostly notice in encoding, CAD etc.
Overclocking RAM will help both.

u know if u want ur name fixed contact DMo (hes the admin here)

and true b1gapl............. if u get a e4300 like PSP did... and massly OC it from 1.8 ghz to 3.0 ghz like he did.... u'll notice it rather quickly and think u can't live without the OC :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom