Overclocking an entire network server rack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devin_Mei_Tech_Wiz

Beta member
Hey there I'm Devin Mei from Silicon Valley and boy do I have a question for you tech guys out there. Does anyone have any suggestions for extreme cooling procedures for a server room where every server in our network will have to be overclocked for at least 3 days.

I'm not quite sure, but I don't know anything about servers and networks.

May I ask why you're overclocking them? Or what the advantage is from overclocking servers? Unless its just like normal OC'ing, faster, better performance.

How many servers, and how big is the room?

The server room I once worked for had a refrigerator unit. When that refrigerator broke down, they propped open a door, turned on the fan, and somebody had to babysit the servers all night long.

Well a good start would be to partition the room so that the front intake is physically separated from the exhaust. Then air-con or some other type of refrigeration can be kept blowing cool air into the rack intakes, while the hot exhuast is seperated and extracted though fans to the exterior (if possible).

Its fairly extreme, simply because there is a fair amount of physical work involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom