Overclocking barrier..?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phanto

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone;

Since I made my new rig I was able to overclock my CPU to a perfectly stable 3.44GHz and the memory is running at 860 (430MHz) the things is that I can't past those frequencies on both the CPU & RAM I have try lots of thing and nothing, I mean I can raise the memory up to 1032 and the system boot fine but when I run Orthos no more than 5 seconds an error appear, what I'm doing wrong do I need to tweak something more??!

Specs are in sig.

Thnx for listening and your help guys!

--------Phanto

yeah try up the voltage. errors indicate the system being unstable

CE1 and EIST unlink the fsb right? i dont have these options just wondering

Hey Phanto,

I think it's all about the voltage. Well always make sure C1E and EIST are turned off, when overclocking (like everyone has said already).

If that's the G. Skill HZs, set the DDR2 Overvoltage to +0.3v. Set your FSB Overvoltage to +0.1v. It also may be your timings. So set them at 4-4-4-12, when below 1000. When over like 1100, set them to 5-5-5-15. If you can't see the timings setting, go to the main BIOS menu, and press Ctrl + F1, and they should appear at the M.I.T.

baron5 said:
CE1 and EIST unlink the fsb right? i dont have these options just wondering

They are power saving features. So when your CPU is idle, it will throttle down it's speed, to save power.

Ah, so that's why CPU-z said my Q6600 was running at 1.4 Ghz the first time I booted my computer with the new processor. Makes sense, lol.

i have my e6750 at 3.84ghz and 1.5v, be careful of them temps though, i have a tuniq, you should be fine with an af7 though, ram at 960 4-4-4-12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom