Overclocking with 8gb of memory...which chipset?

Status
Not open for further replies.

UA_Iron

Daemon Poster
All,

I have 8gb of memory and would like to overclock my E6400 (gonna probably get a quad core in the short future) but until then my wuss-*** P965 memory controller isnt cutting it.

Will the P45 chipsets overclock with 8gb of memory alright? Not looking for record breaking overclocks or anything like that. Is there a better chipset out for this task?

thanks!

Would you recommend the BIOSTAR TPower I45 or the Asus P5Q Pro? Or is there a better mobo?

Not necessarily looking for the one that overclocks the best - I wont hit that upper limit anyway. Just the most stable usable one.

Would you recommend the BIOSTAR TPower I45 or the Asus P5Q Pro? Or is there a better mobo?

Not necessarily looking for the one that overclocks the best - I wont hit that upper limit anyway. Just the most stable usable one.

my friend just built a machine on a biostar I45, personally i didnt like oc'ing on it.

my 750i was the easiest and most straight forward mobo i've ever used. and reached the highest clock speeds

Mess w/ a DFI, you'll be there for days figuring out the terms. I had a friend that sold one just because he didn't have the time to figure it out. Very overwhelming board

Asus Rampage Formula, FTW. X48 chipset on there and just so easy to overclock your stuff. 35% oc right now im mine and running in the 1.3 range for voltage. Both SB are at the min in the bios. NB is only at like 1.4 i believe. Low voltage and big overclocking = winner.

if you want low voltage on the nb a X48 chipset is not what you want.

my p45 does 515fsb on 1.26V with 4x1gb dimms, and 533 on 1.28V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom