Overclocking 8800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadpixel

Daemon Poster
So I have downloaded rivatuner, and ATI tools.

ATI tools seems simple and straight forward, but others say rivatuner is the best to you.

So I am trying to use rivatuner and it does not make sense, thier are like 70 different options under power user. So.

Please help me/tell me were I can do the following.

Increase the fan speed.

Increase core speed.

Increase memory speed.

Increase shader speed

and any other thing i should increase Thanks!

Just increase the core speed and memory speed, first find the max for the core speed (leave memory speed on stock settings). Next find the max speed for the memory(leave core speed on stock settings).

Max meaning that you don't see artifacts/snow etc

Next you set both the max for the core and memory speed. Run a few test and benchmarks for stability, fine tuning.

when you open rivatuner there is a spot that says "driver settings", and right below that it says "forceware detected" and "customize". open the "customize" and click on the little video card icon (first on left). this will open up your overclocking section.
IMO rivatuner does work better for these cards.

I wouldnt bother messing with the memory timings as you wont get much out of them. Leave the memory alone and raise the core to 700 in ati tool then run the artifact checker. Keep raising it 5 points at a time until you get artifacts and back it down.

To nagasame and veedubvreek (sp?)

What have you gotten your core too? I ordered a stock 8800GT so should I expect at least 700MHz?

Also what about shader overclocking?

and push mem to about 1000mhz?

there's lots of "stock" speeds. 600/900 is the reference speed.
i leave mine at stock 600/900/1500 for everyday.
its a killer card, and you really dont need to go higher than that for playing games.
for benchmarks, it will go 700/1000/1875.
my best bench was at 690 core.
i wouldnt go straight to 700 core if you have a 600 core card. i'd try 625-650 first.
ati tool sucks IMO, riva tuner does a better job i think.

My cards were supposed to be "stock" or reference cards, but turned out to be superclocked versions. Their speed is 650 core, 950 memory. So far the best ive gotten out of the core is 720 without artifacts.

I'm messing around with mine again right now and i cant seem to get it to go for more than 15-20s at 730 without getting an artifact.

its the limit man. i think really that the ssc cards are maxed out for the core (ie they are the best cards that are made so far).
if you can pull 700 stable, i'd be happy with that.
700 core speed is pretty friggin high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom