Overclocked my PC!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, thanks for the reply :D You really do know your stuff b1gapl :D

Ill disable both CIST and C1E on the BIOS when I find it. If you dont mind me asking, what will it do when I disable both of them? Is that the Intel's Speed Step Technology thing you are talking about?

And about the voltage, what voltage should I set it to? 1.4 sounds good at 3GHz?

And oh, heres a screenshot of me testing using Windows Vista's Score thingy...

Shot at 2007-08-20

The CPU score used to be 5.3 stocked now it went to 5.5 and the Memory used to be 5.6 now its 5.7 but that changes off and on back to 5.6. then 5.7.

oops....It's EIST...I keep getting mixed with the EIST and C1E. But both being disabled, is preventing the CPU from lowering the speed and consuming less power, when idling.

1.4v seems fine. But this depends if it's stable at lower voltages. I would start at 1.35v, and test for stability.

oops....It's EIST...I keep getting mixed with the EIST and C1E. But both being disabled, is preventing the CPU from lowering the speed and consuming less power, when idling.

1.4v seems fine. But this depends if it's stable at lower voltages. I would start at 1.35v, and test for stability.

Thanks, I disabled the C1E but I cant find the EIST, is that an accronym for something? Oh actually i didnt disable it, i did but then i saved it and i think my computer froze lolz hehe. when i clicked delete again it froze so i just hit the power button and then restarted it and was able to get to bios and disabled it.

And I just did the 3D Benchmark....

Heres my stock results....

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

And OC'ed to 2.7Ghz Result...

Futuremark - ORB - Result Analyzer

200 points not bad. :D

Edit:

Maybe you can find the EIST thing from this guide.... but I cant find it in my BIOS only the C1E but maybe its named something else IDk...

Asus P5B-Deluxe: Overclocking and Tweaking Guide - The Tech Repository Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom