Overclock related question...stupid HP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aesrin

In Runtime
Hello there forum users, i bought an HP Media Center a while back, and i've recently decided to try to overclock it. Trouble is, the bus speeds/multipliers etc. are greyed out in the BIOS.
Now i don't know a whole lot about computers / overclocking and such, but i heard somewhere that HP locks their bus speeds and doesn't allow overclocking. Is this true? And if so, is there any way of bypassing that? I tried a program called 'softfsb', and it really didn't do jack for me.

EDIT: If there is no way around it, could i just slap a cheap new mobo in my rig and be fine for overclocking?

you can use software overclocking if you can't via your mobo

and also, generally cheap mobos have bad overclocking abilities, either capped HTT/FSB or just don't work well, there are reasons that high end mobos exist, different chipsets and revisions overclock better etc.

and troof, most manufacturer pc's can't be overclocked with the stock mobo

try pressing ctrl+f1 (no +) when you get to the bios, that turns on advanced featuers and may work for you

Thanks a bundle! I'll be back with the results

EDIT* Well crtl f1 didn't seem to have any effect in the BIOS, but i'll live with my computer as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom