Over-clocking - Take a look @ these specs and advise..

Status
Not open for further replies.

southfield

Baseband Member
CPU.jpg

That's what I'm working with in my brand new laptop.. but as usualy (read: a huge nerd) I want more out of it. So I'm curious, is over-clocking something I want to mess around with early on in the game? I mean, I love my laptop as is but this will soon be the gaming machine of campus and I want my specs to reflect that title. Are there any links or guides to simple over-clocking? I don't want to get TOO advanced, but I definitely want to modify what I've got because I KNOW I can get more out of this baby.

A top of the line GFX card coupled with 4GB of RAM & a solid CPU gets me excited.. but imagine if I ran it in the red zone. In the words of one of the best FPS' of all time... "God-like!!".

Ummmmm, sure you can overclock it, but your games are going to be bottlenecked by your graphics so it won't matter.

So an nVidia 8600M GT 512 isn't a good GFX card then?

For a laptop, sure. But a laptop isn't meant to be a high end gaming system. The only thing good about that card is it's shader operations, but besides that, my overclocked 7900GT rapes it, and it's having troubles keeping up with some of todays games even though I have my e6300 oc'ed to 3.1ghz. So I can let you come to your own conclusion on this one.

Even if it's overclockable, overclocking laptops is a nightmare. There is no airflow unless you plan on having it on top of a aluminum fan stand. But then again laptops aren't supposed to stay in one spot the whole time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom