Out of the box high performance PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kdevaney said:
septoid - why the opteron instead of the athlon?

And to all - what are the main advantages of having two processors over a dual-core processor?

Thanks!

The AMD Opteron platform is a stable, reliable, and extremely powerful workstation processor designed to do exactly what you want it to do. Process stuff, fast.

In the build I created, every part was selected for its long-term reliability, raw power, and efficiency. In that build you have TWO dual core processors working together, thats 4 cores total. Each processor (theoretically) manages 1GB of memory, so the 4GB memory "slowdown" problem is not there, since there is so much processing power. You have the highest powered QuadroFX video card, which is the highest end workstation video card, it can handle ANYTHING quickly. Trust me, this thing is better suited for handling 2D imagery then a gaming video card. Also, there are two 74GB 15K rpm SCSI drives running in RAID1. Aside from the fact that SCSI is EXTREMELY FAST (15000rpm man!!) its running in RAID1 (the RAID which basically splits files up into your harddrives and makes them load faster, basically it splits loading time), which means you have one FAST MACHINE!!

If you want me to make the build cheaper, or more expensive, just let me know :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom