Ordering TOMORROW. Need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we're not attacking you bro, no one is doubting that you are able to build a computer, we just think you need to take more time and learn more about your components. A lot has changed since you built your comp 3 years ago.

We dont want you to simply be content with your comp, we want you to be estatic over it. Maybe cry some tears of joy when you first hear it purr? heh i'm just playing

Knowlegde is your friend, take some to understand how the different technologies work. Have you given anymore thought to your MB? i'm about to head out so i dont have time to track down the links to the MB's i suggested but if you need help narrowing it down some more i will find some info for you when i get back

Thanks. I did just look at some other threads suggesting mobos...
And I'm wondering, is there any mobo that doesn't have some major flaws? It seems like the most frequently suggested ones are rated 3-4 stars on newegg.

Thanks. I did just look at some other threads suggesting mobos...
And I'm wondering, is there any mobo that doesn't have some major flaws? It seems like the most frequently suggested ones are rated 3-4 stars on newegg.

newegg ratings dont mean all that much. Listen to the people here. I have learned that.

A good p35 mobo, or get the new x38. They are two really great chipsets. I am certain someone will post up some good motherboards for you, I have to go install my new e8400:D

yeah ignore newegg, most of them are idiots who overclock something too much and fry their Mb then complain about it.

ya they are people who like see people who see overclocks like Veedubfreak, and then assume they can push 4.0ghz and then over do it, unlike him who actually knows what he's doing

Haha, okay thanks.
SO. Isn't there a pro version of the p35 or something? And is the x38 worth $230? Obviously it's worth it, but could I, someone who will only be overclocking for his first time and will definitely not be pushing anything too far at all, really take advantage of what it has to offer? Or is overclocking not the x38's perk?

Haha, okay thanks.
SO. Isn't there a pro version of the p35 or something? And is the x38 worth $230? Obviously it's worth it, but could I, someone who will only be overclocking for his first time and will definitely not be pushing anything too far at all, really take advantage of what it has to offer? Or is overclocking not the x38's perk?

The x38 is a wonderful Overclocker from what I understand.
And it will be good to set you up for a while. The PCI 2.0 is not really utalized yet, but I see the newer cards taking advantage of it. So if you plan on getting a new graphics card before you get a new mobo again*, then get the p35, if not, get the x38

The x38 is a wonderful Overclocker from what I understand.
And it will be good to set you up for a while. The PCI 2.0 is not really utalized yet, but I see the newer cards taking advantage of it. So if you plan on getting a new graphics card before you get a new mobo again*, then get the p35, if not, get the x38

...Waywaywait, what? If I plan on getting a new graphics card before I get a new mobo again? I don't understand.

:confused:

the great thing about the maximus is it will automatically Overclock your CPU, with a Q6600 and a tuniq tower you will be able to hit 3.4-3.5ghz, and you wont need to know a thing about overclocking.

If you can manage to fit the maximus into your budget then yes, go for it, because it is idiot proof, and you will get amazing performance out of it.

As well the 8800GTS uses PCI-e 2.0 which the maximus can support as well as support for newer 45nm CPU's which are a plus if you plan on upgrading down the line.

the great thing about the maximus is it will automatically Overclock your CPU, with a Q6600 and a tuniq tower you will be able to hit 3.4-3.5ghz, and you wont need to know a thing about overclocking.

If you can manage to fit the maximus into your budget then yes, go for it, because it is idiot proof, and you will get amazing performance out of it.

As well the 8800GTS uses PCI-e 2.0 which the maximus can support as well as support for newer 45nm CPU's which are a plus if you plan on upgrading down the line.

And maximus is on the x38?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom