Ordering TOMORROW. Need help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. i have to say, that combo is pretty cheap but imo i would rather get:
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Wolfdale 3.0GHz 6MB L2 Cache LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor - Retail

But for that price I would get it.

You know that mixing two different types of ram causes many problems? I would recommend just sticking with 2gb because only 64bit operating systems will take advantage of more than 3GB of ram.

Problems? Like what?
If it's only the fact that it can't all be utilized, I'm fine with that. But please inform me of other problems.

And wa? A core 2 duo>quad?

ya your not ready to buy yet, seriously take another week to research

e8400 is a Wolfdale (45nm Processor) so its a Godly overclocker... it hits 4.2 ghz on Air Cooling, with a good Water Cooling kit, expect 4.6ghz +

Alright.
So overclocking is a must then?
I suppose that's the hype about Intel...
So I shouldn't get that combo from TD?

Pros:
Quad-Core
Cheap Price

Cons:
nVidia Chipset
not many quad-core optimized games (yet)
Unknown of getting a B3 or G0 Revision
if you get the e8400, it overclocks better and will get better game performance

Pros:
Quad-Core
Cheap Price

Cons:
nVidia Chipset
not many quad-core optimized games (yet)
Unknown of getting a B3 or G0 Revision
if you get the e8400, it overclocks better and will get better game performance

So the e8400, in your opinion, is just all-around better?

Well I do video-editing and gaming a lot (a more common combo than I thought), as well as the stuff everyone does like web browsing and word processing. So is more raw power still a priority over more cores when it comes to video editing?

...IN HD?!

actually i believe its the other way around. the quad will do better in video editing i believe, he was just saying for gaming the e8400 will serve you better for now...

video editing takes advantage of all 4-cores , but gaming needs the 2 Cores, and doesn't utilize the extra two cores, I guess if you do a lot of that, get the Quad-Core

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom