Ordering today, Please look over

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the advice and kind words :D

I am modding a old case to use, But If I buy one later it will be the Thermaltake SOPRANO definitely in black, We will see If I can't resist and order it tomorrow :) http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811133145

This will be my first build. I really don't know if I will over-clock it, I don't even know how. I figure if I want to later I can, But for now I will use it as is. I already have Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste.The 3800 x2 says it comes with a heatsink and fan, Will it be O.K. to use them if I don't O.C.?

Is there a problem or conflict with the DFI Ultra-D and Media Center?

O.K. like I said this is my first build and..I know how to put it all together, But..........I don't know what to do after that:p :eek: What do I have to set in the BIOS before I install software? What order do I install the software?

Install Windows [install any hard drive drivers only if you need to] -> Chipset drivers -> Video Drivers -> Anything else

X2 heatsinks are actually quite nice - copper with some heatpipes if I'm not mistaken. They're perfectly suited to normal use and offer some OC possibilites.

BIOS? Everything should set itself automatically. Sometimes you'll want to change boot orders, but other than that there isn't much tweaking needed.

Its good the hear the heatsink could be a nice one.

How do I find out if I have to install hard-drive drivers? and if I have to, You are saying to install them after I install Windows MCE?

Are the chipset drivers, The motherboard drivers on the CD that comes with the mobo?

Usually you don't need to install drivers. I know that Maxtor D10 hard drives do, not sure about the others.

Before installing Windows, that blue screen that shows drivers loading - when it asks for third party drivers, that's when you install them. It's just before the options for formatting, partitioning, and installing Windows comes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom