Ordering Soon! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyrax

Daemon Poster
Ok, I might be ordering my CPU soon, and want to know which one would people recommend.

AMD Athlon X2 3800+
AMD Athlon X2 4400+
Opteron UP 165 1.8GHz

Which one would be the better out of those three? Keeping in mind that I do not want to OC if it will void my warranty straight away, and if the CPU will need AS5 and if AS5 voids your warranty, I won't get it. So basically, which CPU out of those three is the best without OCing and using AS5 (if they both void your warranty)?

no, they don't have hyperthreading, they have hyper transport (same thing), and if you do not want to overclock get the 4400+ bigger cache.. although the opteron is the same, its a lower clockspeed and you wouldnt need to upgrade for a good long while

go with the 4400+ for sure

thats an awesome rig your building, i give you 5 smiley faces for that one :) :) :) :) :) ... just beautiful! hahaha.... thats what i originally wanted to build.. only with a 7800gtx.. but at the time my hours were shafted and my pay was lower.... if only i had been patient...

Will not argue with you about overclocking, be that way...

If you're not overclocking, then do not get a Opteron proccessor, the 4400 x2 is a good suggestion.

AS5 is a thermal compound(obviously will not void your warranty) Most Heatsinks that come with AMD Cpus are applied with AS5 already.

What is it with you people and warranties? There is nothing a phone call to customer service can't get you, even if you overclocked your opteron 165 to 7GHZ or something and it ends up dieing on you.

CPU can not actually die from overclocking, your computer will shut off before the CPU is even near the level where it will be harmed.

NosBoost300 said:
thats an awesome rig your building, i give you 5 smiley faces for that one :) :) :) :) :) ... just beautiful! hahaha.... thats what i originally wanted to build.. only with a 7800gtx.. but at the time my hours were shafted and my pay was lower.... if only i had been patient...

Haha, thanks. I was lookin at gettin a 7800GT, but since the 7900GT is out now, and it costs the same as a 7800GT did, I'm goin with it.

RockyZ said:
Will not argue with you about overclocking, be that way...

If you're not overclocking, then do not get a Opteron proccessor, the 4400 x2 is a good suggestion.

AS5 is a thermal compound(obviously will not void your warranty) Most Heatsinks that come with AMD Cpus are applied with AS5 already.

What is it with you people and warranties? There is nothing a phone call to customer service can't get you, even if you overclocked your opteron 165 to 7GHZ or something and it ends up dieing on you.

CPU can not actually die from overclocking, your computer will shut off before the CPU is even near the level where it will be harmed.

I just want to make sure that I will have a warranty, and won't have to deal with going to the Customer Trades Act and what not, since I know that your warranty is void if you OC your CPU.

I'm sure AMD wouldn't replace it if you break a rule that they have written in their manuals/website.

Also, about the AS5, are you talking about the stuff in the tube? Or the stuff that already comes stuck on the heatsink?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom