Ordered my Puter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Meow

Solid State Member
Looks good, although I think Dominator RAM is a rip off but since there is a 40 dollar MIR it's not that bad. Just nit-picking but someone with your budget should have gotten a PSU with more head room with something like 650W seeing as how much more power video cards are eating, but 550W is just fine, at least for this generation.

Beefcake said:
Looks good, although I think Dominator RAM is a rip off but since there is a 40 dollar MIR it's not that bad. Just nit-picking but someone with your budget should have gotten a PSU with more head room with something like 650W seeing as how much more power video cards are eating, but 550W is just fine, at least for this generation.

The Amperage and wattage is fine. But I have a different Problem with his choice. The brand. Ultra has come a long way from the time they came out with the first versions of the Ultra X-Connect. BUT, for that money he could have got one MUCH MUCH better. :mad:

This is why People need to ask here first, cause they will just go out and waste money on a so so (Or worse Brand).

Not that Im saying youll have a problem with it, but, but its Ultra..... Im sure many understand where Im comming from. (After all my Ultra X-Connect is a great door stop....)

the reason I went with the Ultra PS is because it came with the case free... $100 bucks for both. Even if I decide to get a different PSU, I haven't lost any money. In fact it was actually cheaper to get them both.

There's no reason to be that uptight about the psu choice, it's not an A-brand but I recall the Ultra X-Connect (as Ste mentioned) being a good and quiet psu and I'm sure they haven't blown their expertise in that time. It's not a big brand for power supplies but for a small player I think they're quite alright.

But needless to say, if you're ordering such an expensive system, why pick a cheap case+psu combo...

Phrantic said:
A-brand but I recall the Ultra X-Connect (as Ste mentioned) being a good and quiet psu and I'm sure they haven't blown their expertise in that time.

But needless to say, if you're ordering such an expensive system, why pick a cheap case+psu combo...
I wish being sarcastic, My X-connect is a door stop for a reason. Cause it was a POS.

And we should be "that uptight" about power supplies. Its only the Heart of the computer.

Welp, before ya'll go and say I told you so you were right about the power supply. It was junk right out of the box. Hook up everything and when I powered on the system fans would spin for a sec then shutdown and a yellow light would show up labeled CR12J2. I pulled out the power supply and tried in on my old computer that I knew worked adn nothing... So I drove and hour and a half one way to Fry's and bought a PC Power & Cooling 610w Silencer. Hooked it back up and BAM, it works! As for the case... it does seems a little cheap but it had everything I was wanting and I do like the looks of it. I'm still satisfied with it.

I'm currently trying to get XP on there, but for some reason it only detects my HD as being 137GB but on the POST screen it says 320GB, have to figure that one out....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom